Beat the Blue(s) Hafla
Shimmy Shake x Greenstone Belly Dance presents
Beat the Blue(s)! Community Hafla
January, a fresh start after the holidays but also the month that allegedly hosts the most depressing day of the year, Blue Monday. Together we can beat the blues! Celebrate Tribal Fusion belly dance, celebrate our bonds as a community and most importantly, celebrate fun. It’s what we’ll be doing at the Beat the Blue(s) Community Hafla!
What can you expect? Meeting (new) friends, games, music (bring your zills or tablas!) and most importantly a lot of dancing. We will be dancing together, but there is also plenty of room for performances because hey, it’s a Hafla! We are working together with Siobhan from Greenstone Belly Dance to make a program that will be sure to make you move!
How can you participate? Just sign up via the Shimmy Shake website and come along! Let us know if you want to perform. Oh, and teachers, ask your students to come along and perform as well. The Hafla is a perfect, low key place to perform. What if something goes wrong? Doesn’t matter, it’s a Hafla!
- Beat the Blue(s) Community Hafla will be on Saturday January 18th 2020
- Door open at 14:45, we start at 15:00
- Until around 6 o’clock
- Cuartito Azul, Rotterdam
- We will make sure there will be plenty of wine! Can you bring something delicious to eat? (or to drink, if you are not a kitchen princess 😉 )
- Sign up via the form below! Performance spots are filled but you can still join us and have fun!
- Performances can be max 4 minutes long
- No entrance fee, but pay what you want
- This event is not only for Shimmy Shake Community members! Open for everyone who loves (tribal fusion belly) dance! But know that you will be dancing at our party 😉
We will meet each other in January. Together we can Beat the Blue(s)!
Join us for the Beat the Blue Hafla!
** if you are a student, please let us know who is your dance teacher
NOTE: we will ask you for a file of the music you'll be using in your performance early January
2nd NOTE: If we receive more applications than we have room for in the program, we will make a careful selection from the applications